Trying to set up your Outlook email on your trusty laptop? Here is our handy guide on How to Add an Email Address to Outlook on Mac.
There are numerous reasons to know how to add an email address to Outlook on Mac, especially when wanting to add multiple email addresses. From business and personal, to multi-family use, it’s super handy to sync and manage all your emails from one program.
For those using Outlook on a Mac, setting this up is not as difficult as you might think. However, if you don’t know exactly where to look and what to click, it may feel a little daunting. That’s why we’ve created this easy-to-understand, step-by-step guide on how to an email address on Mac using Outlook.
- First click on the Outlook app and run it
- Next, click ‘Outlook’ on the top-left side of the menu bar. From the drop-down menu, select ‘Preferences’.
- From the new window that appears, select ‘Accounts’. This will open a list of all the accounts registered to Outlook. It may only have one, which is the main account you currently use.
- At the bottom of the list on the left of the Accounts window is a ‘+’ sign. Click it and then select ‘New Account’.
- If you do not already have your Microsoft Office or 365 activated, you will need to sign in to your Microsoft account to be able to connect to the service.
- Enter your email address when prompted. Press ‘Continue’.
- Wait for Outlook to ‘find a match’ for you.
- If you are using traditional email providers outside of Outlook, such as Google, Hotmail or your organisation, you will be redirected to the provider’s website first as an extra security measure. Follow the prompts to log in and connect your email address to Outlook.
- If you are using your business email (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org), it would be easier to ‘Choose the Provider’ after you complete Step 6.
- If you choose the provider, select IMAP/POP from the list of options.
- Enter your password.
- Your incoming and outgoing server would be the address after your email username. For email@example.com, the incoming/outgoing server would be yourbusiness.com.au. Check with your service provider for exact incoming and outgoing server and port details.
- Press ‘Add Account’ when you have finished entering these details.
- Once this is all done, your new account should be connected!
As you can add email accounts from different providers, such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and others, the time wasted checking multiple email websites is significantly reduced. You can add up to 20 different accounts to Outlook, making it easy for groups of people to keep track of their busy lives.
It Won’t Work!
If you’re getting errors, the first thing to double check is your password. Try logging in on the email provider’s webmail site. It will confirm whether or not the password is correct. If you’ve forgotten your password, you’ll need to reset it.
If it still isn’t working, double check your mail settings to ensure all emails are syncing properly and confirm the port numbers are correct. If you suspect there are issues here, search online for recommended settings and copy their examples. If all else fails, reinstall Outlook.
We hope this guide to adding an email address to Outlook on a Mac has helped you out. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact Web Marketing Angels anytime.