If you need to add an email profile to your computer, check out our handy guide on How to Add an Email Address on PC.
Outlook for PC allows multiple accounts from different platforms to be linked, providing busy multitaskers with an all-encompassing, user-friendly email solution. Not sure how to add an email address on PC? This can be done on both the Outlook application for PC and Outlook website. Best of all, it is super-easy and can be completed in just a few moments with the following steps:
Using the Outlook Application on PC
- Open up the Outlook application on PC
- Click the gear icon on the bottom left-hand corner to open up ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Manage accounts’
- Choose ‘Add account’
- Select the service – Outlook, Office 365, Google, iCloud, etc. Select ‘Other account’ if not listed
- Enter the email address you want to add
- Click ‘next,’ and insert your password
- If a box appears asking for permission, choose ‘allow’
Using the Outlook Website
- Visit https://outlook.live.com
- Click the gear icon on the top right-hand corner to open up ‘Settings’
- Select ‘View all Outlook settings’
- Select ‘Mail’
- Choose ‘Sync email’
- Select an email provider or ‘Other email accounts’
- Enter your email address and password and click ‘OK’
Your alternative email address should now be successfully synced with Outlook.
If the above didn’t work, you may need to connect your email address manually using the advanced setup option. For advanced email setup, head to the ‘Add account’ section on the Outlook app and perform the following:
- Select ‘Advanced setup’
- Select ‘Internet email’
- Enter your email address, username, password, account name, name you send emails under, along with the incoming email server, account type (will generally be IMAP), and outgoing (SMTP) email server
- Click ‘Sign in’
You can generally find out your POP/IMAP settings and outgoing (SMTP) and incoming (IMAP) email server names under the ‘sync email,’ ‘POP/IMAP,’ or similarly named section of your email provider.
Do you want help with your computer and digital marketing questions? Head over to our Website Guides page.